Tablets have become a huge part of our lives and we can’t imagine a world without them being around. They have made our everyday tasks, be it making calls, sending text messages, sending emails, or accessing the internet more efficient than ever before.
If you currently use an Android Tablet device, have you ever been curious what it would be like to access the internet or apps without a SIM card?
Ever since the first Android tablet appeared, people have been searching for ways to use them without a SIM card. Controlling your tablet via Bluetooth or NFC might be great for some of you, but many people also want to take their tablets on the go, using cell phone networks in order to access the internet.
So, if your SIM card is broken or missing, you’ll still be able to use your tablet. You can still make calls and send and receive text messages with the device. And you can go online using apps like Chrome, YouTube, Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, and much more. Most of your other apps will work too assuming you have a wifi internet connection.
Can I make phone calls using a tablet with no sim card?
Yes, you can make phone calls with your tablet or smartphone without a SIM card. There are a few apps that allow you to do this.
1. Download and install Skype on your tablet or smartphone. Skype is a great way to make phone calls and text messages using the sim card on your device. It supports a wide range of devices, but you’ll need an active account in order for it to work.
2. Download VoIP apps such as Viber. After you have downloaded Viber, simply log in with your SIM card information, and voila. You can now make phone calls over a WiFi connection. This will allow you to choose your number, rather than using the one assigned by your carrier.
3. If you want to use Google Voice with your tablet device or smartphone, log in from a wifi connection on your device and make the call through this app. It’s also available for Android and iPhone devices.
4. Using conference calling apps is also possible on your Android device. Simply log in with your SIM card information and you can now make phone calls over a WiFi connection. There are several conferences calling apps available to choose from, but they work the same way
5. Using Whatsapp and messenger on an android tablet or smartphone is possible. Both of these apps work over WiFi, allowing you to make phone calls without the need for a SIM card.
In a final verdict, it should be said that if you’re an Android user and your SIM card is broken or missing, there are many apps available to you in order to replace it. They range from VoIP apps, such as Viber for Android devices or Google Voice on the iPhone, to app conference calling programs like GrooVe IP.
And the best part is that these apps are completely free to use. In addition, most of these work over wifi connections, so you can still send text messages and make calls even if you don’t have a SIM card installed on your tablet or smartphone anymore.