Internet access is crucial for your tablet since it provides a number of useful applications. With an Internet connection, you can utilize Google Play to download applications such as games and music players. You will also be able to access documents, events, and meetings on Google Calendar. Regardless of your choice of device, an Internet connection lets you build a better experience for yourself.
To use a tablet without a SIM card, you’ll need to connect to a wireless network. Your configuration options include connecting your tablet to a Wi-Fi network or creating a personal hot spot for wireless access.
There are several ways to connect your tablet to the Internet without the use of a sim card. You can connect wirelessly through a WiFi connection or you can choose to connect via a wired Ethernet cable. It is important to consider how you will be using your tablet before you make your choice.
In this article, we’d like to talk more about how you can use your tablet without a SIM card.
How to use Tablet Without Sim Card – Alternative Methods
Here are different methods that you can use to connect your tablet without the need for a SIM card.
- The first and most common way that you will connect your tablet to WiFi is through an available access point. You’ll do this by going into the settings of your device, which will be different depending on the model, and finding where it says something about wireless.
- When you are connected to the network, you’ll need to log in with your basic information such as your name and password. You will then be able to browse the Internet as well as access local resources such as Charms on Windows 8 tablets and Control Center apps for iOS devices.
- A popular alternative to a wireless connection is the use of an Ethernet cable. While this may not be as convenient as a WiFi connection, it does allow you to use your tablet without the SIM card. First, you need to find a cable that is compatible with your model of tablet and connect it from one end to your tablet and the other end into a router or your home computer. When you are plugged in, your tablet should be able to access the Internet.
- In order to set up your tablet for Ethernet, you’ll need to check the settings of your device and see if there is a way to connect through an Ethernet cable. For some tablets, this option can be found by going into Settings > Network Connections or something similar.
- Wi-Fi Tethering is a great option for many who don’t want to invest in getting an entirely new type of data plan for their device. You can share your phone or smartphone’s data connection with your tablet using this service. All you need to do is enable the tethering on your phone, and then you can share your connection with your tablet. The settings for this will vary depending on the device you are using.
Can you use Whatsapp on a Tablet Without Sim Card?
Whatsapp may be the best communication/messaging app for mobiles but you require a mobile phone number to use this app. Yes, you can use WhatsApp without the sim card in your tablet. It is very easy to create a Whatsapp account and configure it on your tablet without requiring a SIM card. You don’t have to call the service provider about activating your device.
Watch the video for more details
The bottom line of the above article is that there are several different ways you can use your tablet without the need for a SIM card. While these methods can be used to access the Internet on any device, it will depend on the apps and settings that you have available.
Using wifi or other tethering options such as Ethernet cables is good for when you do not want to pay for data yourself. If you are running Android 3.1 or higher, then you can use your phone as a wireless hotspot for your tablet to access the Internet and other services without restriction.